Hoa Binh Dam
Hoa Binh hydropower plant, whose capacity is the biggest in the South East Asia, was constructed from 1979 to April 1994 in Hoa Binh Province in the North Viet Nam. It covers 1/3 production of electricity of the country.
- Flood Mitigation
- Generation of Electricity
- Irrigation Sources
- Water Supply
- Length of dam: 734m
- Height of dam: 128m
- Optimum elevated water level: 120m
- Volume of water storage: 9 billion m3
- Generation machine: 8 units
- Design capacity: 1920 MW
- Type of dam: Clay core-wall rockfill dam
- Concrete volume: 1,899,000 m3
- Grouting : 205,000 m
- Mechanical installation: 46,721 tons./.