Mr. C.V.J. Varma’s Letter
about the Seminar on "Automated Meter Reading (AMR) & Interoperability for Meter Data Exchange and Analysis" on 4-5 September, 2008 at Singapore.
“....Council of Power Utilities (CPU) is organizing a Expert Group cum Seminar on "Automated Meter Reading (AMR) & Interoperability for Meter Data Exchange and Analysis" on 4-5 September, 2008 at Singapore.
AMR technology has become very relevant to the restructured Distribution Utilities and other Discoms for enhancement of revenue inflow and other features incorporated in the AMR technologies. Indian power supply systems are to come up to adopt these developments in the near future.
Your organization has been in the forefront to implement AMR technologies in your power supply system. With the expertise you have in this field, it is my privilege to invite you to participate as delegate in the seminar and make a presentation on any topic indicated below:
Topics for discussion:
1. Automated Meter Reading- Present Status and Future Trends
2. Transforming Metering Automation into Virtual Energy Information Network
3. Difficulties in Implementation of AMR for Residential consumers
4. Smart Meters and Demand Response
5. On site Billing for Electricity Consumption
6. Energy Loss Reduction Through Innovative Metering
7. Metering, Billing and Customer care
8. Interoperability of Meter Data Exchange
9. Putting Power Quality (PQ) Measurement in a Meter
10. Communication Systems for Metering Billing
11. AMR Data Analysis and Energy Theft Detection
12. Pre paid Metering for Emerging Electricity Market in India
13. Role of Electrical Energy metering in the context of Accelerated Power Development in India
14. How to achieve Interoperability and continuity in e-business of Energy Market
15. How to use Data Management for Better Energy management
16. Using Smart Meters to Ensure revenue
17. What Intelligence should the Consumer Energy Management Infrastructure Have?
18. Smart Metering as a Driving Force to Engage the Customers
19. The Experience of next Generation Smart Metering Systems and Planning for the Future
20. How to Achieve Customer Interest for Energy Savings?
21. Linking Meter Readings to Billing System
22. Growing Role of GSM/GPRS Industry in Metering
23. Improved Revenue Management Efficiency by Integrating Payment System with Revenue Cycle
24. Development of Special Economic Zone (SEZ)
25. Integration of AMR technologies to encompass, gas, water etc.
Please see in much detail (PDF; 122 KB)