Vietnam – New Zealand Workshop “Seismic Impact on Engineering Constructions” was successful!
As mentioned before (/Web/Content.aspx?distid=1584), Vietnam – New Zealand Workshop on “Seismic Impact on Engineering Constructions” was held by
- Vietnam National Committee on Large Dams (VNCOLD),
- Water Resources University (WRU),
- New Zealand Society on Large Dams (NZSOLD)
- Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences (GNS (Science))
- Damwatch Services Ltd.
on Tuesday, Oct. 7th , 2008 in WRU, Hanoi.
There were about 70 participants including
- speakers from GNS (Science) & Damwatch, Vietnam Institute of Geophysics (IGP);
- leaders of VNCOLD, WRU, Vietnam Federation of Civil Engineering Associations (VFCEA);
- technical consultants, experts, research workers, teachers at universities, state officers, project managers,… of various specialities: civil & water engineering, hydropower, geotechnique,…
New Zealand speakers, senior international experts, who spent much time in long way to Hanoi, were much welcome. It’s the first international workshop on seismic analysis of contructions in Vietnam. List of presentations can be found in this web site www.vncold.vn :
/Web/Content.aspx?distid=1585 (in Vietnamese)
and /En/Web/Content.aspx?distid=472. (in English)
The full papers & slides will be posted in www.vncold.vn .
GNS (Science) & Damwatch experts and leaders of VNCOLD, WRU
Anyone can contact to the New Zealand experts of GNS (Science) & Samwatch Services Ltd. by post, phone or e-mail for further discussion & cooperation, for instance to Dr. Noel Trustrum:
Dr. Noel Trustrum,
GNS Science, PO Box 30-368, Lower Hutt, New Zealand