Vietnamese – French Seminar on
‘Dykes and Embankment DamsSafety'
The 3rd Congress of the Vietnam National Committee on Large Dams & Water Resources Development (VNCOLD), will be held on September 14th, 2014 in Hanoi. Right before the Congress, a Vietnamese – French Seminar on ‘Dykes and Embankment Dams Safety' will be organized on September 12nd 2014 in Hanoi with many senior French & Vietnamese experts’ contribution.
Presentations delivered by French authors are as follows:
· Introduction. Objectives and agenda of the seminar. Presentation of the French experts ( J.-R Courivaud )
· The Issue of Dykes and Embankment Dams Safety ( J.-R. Courivaud)
· Failures of Embankment Hydraulic Structures by Overtopping and Internal Erosion: Case Studies Feed-Back (J.-R. Courivaud).
· Feed-Back on Five Years of Industrialization of the Jet Erosion Test in Europe (P. Pinettes)
· Erosion Research at the Nantes University (summary of parts 1 and 2) (D..Marot / F. Bendahmane).
· Innovative surveillance of 40 km of dykes along the Rhine River (P. Pinettes)
· Tree Root Systems Impacts on Earth Dikes and Dams (C. Zanetti)
Vietnamese presentations will focus the overview and concerns on the small embankment dams safety in Vietnam.
Please contact for detalis:
Mr. Dinh Sy Quat