French – Vietnamese Seminar on
‘Dykes and Embankment DamsSafety'
As mentioned in www.vncold.vn , page /En/Web/Content.aspx?distid=602 , the Vietnamese – French Seminar on ‘Dykes and Embankment Dams Safety' was organized on September 12nd 2014 in Hanoi with many senior French & Vietnamese experts’ contribution.
The seminar was chaired by Dr. Hoang Van Thang, Vice-Minister of Agricultural & Rural Development, Prof. Dr(sr). Pham Hong Giang, VNCOLD Chairman.
Medium & small embankment dams are almost (about 90%) of the total 7000 dams in Vietnam with potential of high unsafety. 200 participants joined in the seminar.
Presentations delivered by French & Vietnamse speakers are as follows:
· Introduction. Objectives and agenda of the seminar. Presentation of the French experts ( J.-R Courivaud )
· The Issue of Dykes and Embankment Dams Safety ( J.-R. Courivaud)
· An efficient spillway in emergency for medium & small earth dams (Nguyen Quoc Dung)
· Failures of Embankment Hydraulic Structures by Overtopping and Internal Erosion: Case Studies Feed-Back (J.-R. Courivaud).
· Feed-Back on Five Years of Industrialization of the Jet Erosion Test in Europe (P. Pinettes)
· Erosion Research at the Nantes University (summary of parts 1 and 2) (D..Marot / F. Bendahmane).
· Innovative surveillance of 40 km of dykes along the Rhine River (P. Pinettes)
· Tree Root Systems Impacts on Earth Dikes and Dams (C. Zanetti)
After the seminar, there were some talks about the cooperation between French & Vietnamese agencies in the sector of small & medium embankment dams safety. The French experts were also guided to a field trip at a site of the Red River Dyke where the foundation is typically weak.
· Please find some pictures enclosed!
· Veuillez trouver ci-joint quelques photos!